UMKC Campus Recreation at Swinney Center
UMKC Campus Recreation offers recreational space and programs for students, faculty/staff, and community members. All members have access to our fitness center, field, basketball courts, racquetball courts, indoor and outdoor tracks, daily towel and locker service and aquatic center equipped with a 6 lane lap pool, steam room and sauna. For an extra fee they can access group fitness classes, personal training, and body composition.
Mission: The mission of Campus Recreation is to promote and advance healthy lifestyles by providing programs, services and facilities to meet the physical, social, recreational and educational needs of the campus community.
Vision: Our vision is to drive a culture of well-being on campus while providing a professional student employment experience centered on growth and development.
- Student-Centered: Including students in the decision-making process
- Personal Growth: Investing in yourself so you’re able to contribute more to others
- Resourceful: Finding ways to get the job done with limited resources
- Collaborative: Seeking connections and treating others with cooperation and respect
- Excellence: Driven to produce outstanding results while taking measured risks