We are excited to announce that Kansas City is starting an Achilles International Chapter in Spring 2021. Achilles International helps Athletes with all types of disabilities to participate in mainstream road races.
What are the qualifications to join?
- Achilles membership is free of charge
- Athletes and Volunteer Guides must be 18+ years of age
- Any Achilles Athlete must have a permanent disability
- Achilles Athletes must be able to self-propel to the finish line
How does Achilles International work?
- We match Athletes with varying abilities with Volunteer runners to train together
- We hold a weekly workouts to train for targeted races. Weekly practices will be at 5:30pm on Tuesdays at Gary Gribbles on 119th Street.
- Achilles does the behind-the-scenes work so that all our Athletes have to do is train, race, and cross the finish line
- We target Kansas City races (such as Gobbler Grind)
How do I join?
- Volunteer Guide: Please apply at achillesinternational.org/volunteer-intake
- Achilles Athlete: Please apply at achillesinternational.org/our-members
- Questions? Please email us at Achilles.KansasCity@gmail.com