Adaptive Kickball Interactive Workshop
The Whole Person and Kansas City Parks and Rec are offering an Adaptive Kickball Interactive Workshop for people of all abilities on Saturday, October 26, 2019 from 2:00-4:00 pm at 9th and Van Brunt Park in Kansas City, Missouri.
The Adaptive Kickball Workshop is a program for individuals of all abilities. This will be a non-competitive workshop that can be easily adapted to an individual’s abilities. All are welcome, but the participants that will benefit most from this program are those that can't physically participate in a typical kickball game, can follow 2-step directions from a verbal prompt, and are able to control aggressive behavior. The program will focus on the basic skills of the game in a non-competitive atmosphere.
Goals of the workshop:
• To introduce the game of kickball to individuals with disabilities
• To practice fundamental motor skills
• To promote inclusion
• Allow individuals with disabilities to have fun in a relaxing environment
• Allow individuals to experience success as individuals and as a team
• To assess the communities interest in creating a fun, but competitive kickball league for youth & adult divisions.
Reservations are required:
To register, fill out the form at thewholeperson.org/kickball.
• Registration Deadline: Noon on 10/25/19
• $10.00 fee can be paid at registration or at the event
• Must be age 5 or older. Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.